Continuing Education Courses
How much do they cost?
Our courses are FREE for everyone!
Where are courses located?
The NRTC has our courses in our new learning management system, Canvas. We are excited about using Canvas, given their reputation for accessibility.
What browsers can I use?
The following are supported screen reader and browser combinations for courses:
- Macintosh: VoiceOver (latest version for Safari)
- PC: JAWS and NVDA (latest version for Firefox)
Internet Explorer is not supported. If you are not using a screen reader or browser, you can also use Safari, Firefox, or Google Chrome.
What are the keyboard shortcuts for Canvas?
If a Canvas screen has keyboard shortcuts on it, you can view the list of shortcuts by pressing the comma key or <shift> + <?>, which will trigger a popup window with the shortcuts in it. Press the esc key to close the popup window.
What type of credit is available?
Currently, we offer continuing education (CE) credit from:
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
- Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals(ACVREP)
- National Blindness Professional Certification Board (NBPCB)
- Continuing Education Units
The page for each course in our NRTC Catalog provides information about the type of credit available for that course.
How do I register for courses?
To enroll in a course
- Visit https://nrtc.catalog.instructure.com/
- Select a course that interests you
- Click “Enroll”
- Fill out the form and click “Enroll in Course”
- You will receive an email to register with Canvas.
- Follow the directions in the email to create a Canvas profile.
- After you register, you will receive an additional emailing notifying you that you have successfully enrolled in the course
- You are now free to enroll in any courses we offer.
What does the start date mean?
Each course will show a start date, but that is simply the date courses were made available to the public. They are self-paced, so, they do not have an end date.
How do I get credit?
To get credit, you must:
- View the instructions page
- View course materials
- Pass the quiz (80% correct or higher)
- Complete a course evaluation.
When can I expect my quiz or assignments to be graded?
Most quizzes and assignments are automatically graded through Canvas. If you do not receive a grade immediately, our policy is to grade them within seven days of the assignment submission.
I failed too many times. Can you re-open the quiz?
Our policy is that course quizzes can be taken up to four times with a time limit of 120 minutes each. We will not open the quiz again for a fifth time.
I forgot my Canvas password. Can you help?
Yes. If you forgot your Canvas password, we can reset it for you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org via email with your request.
I am taking this for credit. How do I print my certificate?
To download your certificate (which hosts the course credit information) after completing all the course requirements:
- Visit nrtc.catalog.instructure.com/.
- Select "Student Dashboard" on the top right of the screen (where your email is listed)
- Select "Completed" courses
- To view the certificate, click the "View" or to download select the "Download" link.
I have a different question. Who can I contact?
For more assistance, email Simon Marcy at email@example.com